Everyone of us has received their students evaluations for Autumn semester 2018. Overall the results did not deviate from the pattern evolved during the previous years. Few concerns raised are discussed individually with colleagues and within the Departmental Learning and Teaching Committees. Overall results are discussed at Senior Management level.
Here, I would like to report on two new questions that are added at University wide level. The first one was: "I understood how this unit fitted within my programme as a whole". The scores received per Departments and Faculty are as follows:
- BAED 4.2
- CSD 4.1
- PSD 4.2
- ESD 3.9
- IF Overall 4.2
https://bestpracticesiflearningandteaching.blogspot.com/2018/10/how-does-this-module-fit-within.html
The second new question in the SEQ was: "I was able to use feedback provided during the unit effectively". The respective scores were:
- BAED 4.1
- CSD 3.9
- PSD 4.0
- ESD 4.0
- IF Overall 4.0
https://bestpracticesiflearningandteaching.blogspot.com/2017/03/feed-forward-your-feedback-what-you-can.html
Finally, we agreed that the so called Action Feedback will be implemented by Departments in the Spring semester 2019. An example was posted previously in this blog. I would encourage all colleagues to participate in this effort and refer to feedback not only as a means to determine a grade for a past task but also as an opportunity to enhance knowledge and skills that will be used in future tasks too.
Wishing you a smooth, innovative and productive Spring semester.
Petros Kefalas
IFDLT

No comments:
Post a Comment